Q1 saw the completion of Orkla House at its central location in Skøyen, Oslo. When 100 people have to be relocated, there are all kinds of issues to take into account and coordinate. Relokator was responsible for all aspects of the move process, and the new building was inaugurated – on time, naturally – with great ceremony by the Minister of Trade and Industry and Chairman Stein Erik Hagen.
Orkla House is not like other office buildings. It is innovative and modern; the solutions chosen are of the highest quality, future-proof and flexible. So when Orkla was looking for a partner to handle the relocation process, they wanted a player that represented the same qualities. Which made Relokator a natural choice.
All relocation jobs come with deadlines, and we treat them with the utmost respect. To meet it in this case, we had to take a closely targeted and structured approach, coordinating with the Orkla project team – and we believe that the working relationship couldn’t have run more smoothly!
Together, we dealt with the following:Planned and coordinated deliveries of all new furniture and new equipment to the entire building
- Supported and coordinated with the construction client in finalisation of the building
- Handled security in the building from take-over to occupancy
- Hooked up new IT equipment at more than 1,000 workstations
- Moved almost 1,000 employees from Mastemyr and Skøyen over the course of one hectic weekend
- Sold furniture and removed rubbish from the buildings they vacated
- Provided support post-move, helping with unpacking and rectifying errors in the new building so Orkla could focus on everyday operations in its new premises
After the final printer was plugged in and the last chairs rolled into position, the new building was ready for its official opening. We leaned proudly back and watched as the Minister of Trade and Industry and Chairman Stein Erik Hagen cut the ribbon at the agreed time, in the presence of staff and media. Everyone was highly impressed with the quality.
We would like to wish all Orkla employees a warm welcome home!